[Mageia-dev] freedesktop spec and categories

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Feb 24 18:07:42 CET 2011

Quote: Michael Scherer wrote on Thu, 24 February 2011 17:48

> So in the mean time, we have to rely on guess made from packagers on
> what would be the best application to use _if_ people did install more
> applications and didn't remove the installed default one, nor
> cleaned/move the entry ( because for some reason, it seems that no one
> ever do it ).

But this is flawed logic, IF a user manually installs a new app that means
he is interested in using it, so it shouldn't be hidden away behind
"More". There is no guessing involved for apps that aren't installed by
default, those apps that a users needs to install manually should NEVER
disappear behind "More"!

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/