[Mageia-dev] mirror policy & howto updates

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:40:37 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 14:28, Olivier Thauvin
<nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> wrote:
> * Romain d'Alverny (rdalverny at gmail.com) wrote:
>>  * have a clear expiration policy (hard to define before having the
>> support policy setup)
>
> This cycle cannot be less the support time of a distrib, but the distro
> can be archived later. At time I don't know what the support policy...
> hard to said much, indeed.
>
>>  * have an archive section in the mirror
>
> What is this for ?

To move its contents to cheaper/slower storage systems. It's related
to above expiration policy: "expired" stuff would go into the archive
section.

>>  * keep on explaining the "tainted" section outcomes, so mirror admins
>> have better facts & info to decide
>
>>  * provide clear rsync modules to help admins quickly pick up what
>> fits best for them.
>
> Since all mirrors sync their tree from tier1, and we don't have the hand
> on tier1 servers, we cannot provides rsync share as we want...

Well, the question was to ease tier1 admins in this regard. But we
might as well just provide guidance and ready-to-use script for tier2
and others.

Romain