[Mageia-dev] svnweb doesn't seem to show commit log edits

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Mar 2 11:34:46 CET 2011

 On Wed,  2 Mar 2011 02:21:12 +0100 (CET), Tux99 wrote:
> Just a quick note to mention something I observed:
>
> when editing a commit log entry with:
>
> svn propedit --revprop -r r123456 svn:log
> svn+ssh://svn.mageia.org/svn/packages/
>
> (this command was given to me by Anssi and works fine)
>
> the log entry on http://svnweb.mageia.org/ never shows the edits, it
> keeps
> showing the original entry.
>
> 18 hours have no passed since I did the propedit so I have to assume
> that
> this is not just a delayed sync (unless it's updated only once every
> 24h?).

 No, there is just a cronjob that sync every 5 minutes :
 /usr/bin/svnsync synchronize file://$name"

 It doesn't seem to have a way to resync changelog, according to the
 help of the software.

 The faq speak of using svnsync copy-revprops,
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt,
 not sure if this is not a costly operation ( or one that will take more
 and more time with a growing repository :/ ).

--
 Michael scherer