[Mageia-dev] RPM5 AND MAGEIA

Anne nicolas ennael1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:29:20 CET 2011

2011/3/2 devzero2000 <devzero2000 at rpm5.org>:
> Hi to Mageia

Hi

> I am part of rpm5 (but I follow rpm from more than 10 years) and
> recently I did join Mageia, although I almost always used for work
> other distros and OS (AIX, SVR4) that I also deal with Mandriva and
> security (CEH) https: / /
> www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=805007215126804&verify=Verify
>

> Apart from the rest - of which i will ask for sponsorship when it will
> be - I wanted to know if there are plans to move to rpm5 by Mageia,
> such as Mandriva has been doing lately. Rpm5 already has a builtbot
> with Magela and rpm5. I can, if you can think useful or have plan for
> this, lay the necessary modification to enter into rpm5 Mageia, with
> the features of Mandriva cooker - fingerprint, syslog, etc. without
> trademark ecc- and produce a first rpm rpm5 for mageia , which also
> contains the functionality required by the passage to the "RPM
> ACID " feauture (berkeley db conversion)
>

> is there interest? Then if someone wants to directly participate in
> rpm5 I think that there should also be no problem.

Well we have always interest in open source projects. BTW Mageia
packagers team is for now quite small and focused in building first
stable version which means importing and working on needed packages to
be imported.

We are already lacking mentors among official packagers.

So I guess rpm5 is not for now a priority given the size of pending
todo list. Also If we do have a look on it, we will for better have a
team on it rather than one guy to avoid single point of failure.

Cheers

--
Anne
http://www.mageia.org