[Mageia-dev] RPM5 AND MAGEIA

Dexter Morgan dmorganec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:36:31 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM, devzero2000 <devzero2000 at rpm5.org> wrote:
> Hi to Mageia
>
> I am part of rpm5 (but I follow rpm from more than 10 years) and
> recently I did join Mageia, although I almost always used for work
> other distros and OS (AIX, SVR4) that I also deal with Mandriva and
> security (CEH) https: / /
> www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=805007215126804&verify=Verify
>

> Apart from the rest - of which i will ask for sponsorship when it will
> be - I wanted to know if there are plans to move to rpm5 by Mageia,
> such as Mandriva has been doing lately. Rpm5 already has a builtbot
> with Magela and rpm5. I can, if you can think useful or have plan for
> this, lay the necessary modification to enter into rpm5 Mageia, with
> the features of Mandriva cooker - fingerprint, syslog, etc. without
> trademark ecc- and produce a first rpm rpm5 for mageia , which also
> contains the functionality required by the passage to the "RPM
> ACID " feauture (berkeley db conversion)
>

> is there interest? Then if someone wants to directly participate in
> rpm5 I think that there should also be no problem.
>
> Opinions ?
>
> TIA
>
> Regards

Hi,

Please read the archives we already talked about this several times on the ML.

We are using rpm.org for now, and we are happy with this, we are
already working with rpm.org teams and this works pretty nice.

But you can go and help mandriva as they have several problems with rpm5.

In addition, rpm5 ( i hate this name as this makes think rpm5 is a new
version of rpm which isn't true ) is just another rpm and i think that
this is better to stay compatible with the most distributions (
fedora, opensuse, ... ) instead of using rpm5.

This is just my opinion but i would like to not see rpm5 thread again
and again, that start for my part to become boring.

regards.