[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Mar 3 16:26:20 CET 2011

Le jeudi 03 mars 2011 à 15:00 +0100, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> in the past few days/hours, on sysadmin list has a discussion arisen
> about publishing packager email into commit/change log; you can check
> the whole thread, here are three starting points of it:
>
>  * https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2011-March/002946.html
>  * https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2011-March/002952.html
>  * https://mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-sysadm/2011-March/002955.html
>
> And you would perhaps like to read the whole thread; not everyone
> agrees there. The discussion slipped to whether:
>  * packagers/contributors [sh|w]ould use & publish their real name (as
> registered in identity),
>  * packagers/contributors [sh|w]ould publish their contact email (same),
>  * in their contributions to the project (here, in the changelog),
>  * if it should be strictly enforced or not, and why.

What about contributors or people just using our tools ( bugzilla,
etc ), who are not strictly speaking "developpers". Ie, here, we speak
of the changelog, but there is more than packagers in the project, and
more contributions than packages.

So shouldn't the thread be moved to -discuss, or dispatched to others
teams ?

--
Michael Scherer