[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:13:33 CET 2011

On 3 March 2011 16:00, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> The points to decide here are:
>  a) should a contributor provide a public email address, to be used in
> changelogs, commits and everywhere her contribution to the project
> needs an id or contact id? (for instance changelog, commit, document
> authoring)

Yes.

>  b) should a contributor provide a real name for the same goals?

Yes.

> or is
> a fake name/alias ok, as long as there are people that do know/meet
> the person?

That's the user's choice/problem/issue.

Emails/names appear in changelogs everywhere I look, if someone
doesn't want his email/name to appear publicly, then use an
alternative email/name, that's a choice given to the user when he/she
creates an account in identity/upstream bugzilla / any public ML /
forum /whatever.

--
Ahmad Samir