[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Fri Mar 4 05:43:39 CET 2011

Frank Griffin a écrit :

> Romain d'Alverny wrote:

>>> That is an elegant and excellent idea.
>>>
>> Elegant, but as in a changelog, that means the email does not
>> match/identify/link to the _person_ taking the step of actually
>> committing/releasing the change, but the team in charge of managing
>> the package. Is that wanted?
>>

> Is it possible to have the changelog display something more unique than
> the group email address for ID purposes, but the email address for
> communication purposes ?

Exactly.  The id part is to identify the person who did the changes. It
could be the pseudo at Mageia or the real name.  (Or even a fake name,
as far as I'm concerned.)

The email adresse is for contact for support, and I find the
<packagename>@packages.mageia.org idea elegant as well.
It is better for ensuring longterm communication than the email adresse
of the person doing the changes, as they could be no longer involved, or
have changed their email.  If they are no longer involved, even
pseudo at mageia.org wouldn't be very useful for contacts.

--
André