[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 4 06:04:46 CET 2011

Quote: Anssi Hannula wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 05:47

> On 03.03.2011 16:00, Romain d'Alverny wrote:
> >  - public email addresses get spammed
>
> I don't consider this a big issue, the email addresses are readable
> from
> mailing lists etc. in any case.

True but many people (including myself) use different email addresses for
each purpose, which currently wouldn't be possible if the single email
address in the mageia-identity db is used for everything. Therefore my
suggestion would be:

- assign every packager a <uid>@mageia.org forwarding address

- add a second email address field in LDAP and populate it by default with
the primary email address

- use this second email address as forwarding address for <uid>@mageia.org

- make the secondary email address field user editable in the
mageia-identity web interface

- use the @mageia.org address in the changelog and everywhere else, were
packager emails are displayed pubblically

Using @mageia.org addresses is also a much better way (than enforcing
'real' display names) to create trust with users since it shows that the
packager is an official mageia packager, rather than some third part
contributor.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/