[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:19:08 CET 2011

Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> schrieb am 2011-03-04
> I think you misunderstood me, I'm not talking about multiple
> accounts, just a second email address associated with the existing
> mageia account.
You do on the old mailman lists, you won't on the new sympa lists
because you use your identity login there.

> I don't use the same email address on the ML as in my Mageia
> account (like I said I use separate email addresses for each
> purpose). I don't think I'm the only one here using a separate
> email addr for the MLs.
Which is in my opinion is unneccessary and a bit unfriendly to your
communication partners. I use the same mail address, the same nickname
and the same real name everywhere so people have a chance of
recognising me.

> AFAIK on bugzilla addresses are not
> publically displayed (they are only visible for logged in users
> which in my experience is enough to avoid email harvesters).
As I said, I am using the same address all over the net and you can go
searching for me, you will find my mail address arround. But when you
(or your mail provider) is using a well configured spam filter, I don't
see any problems with that.
So where's the point in that? I f I have the spam coming threw the
filter on one address or divided among different addresses, what's the
matter?

Oliver

--
Oliver aka obgr_seneca