[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:49:06 CET 2011

2011/3/4 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Well if you are happy with that then that's great for you.
> Here are the stats of my mail server for a single week:
>
>    122   received
>    126   delivered
>      0   forwarded
>      4   deferred  (7  deferrals)
>      0   bounced
>  51124   rejected (99%)
>
> rejected is practically all spam and is a simple SMTP reject of blocked or
> non-existent email addresses, not content based spam filtering.

Well, you must have been to places :)
Our mailserver (catering to @mandrivauser.de) does not show such
figures. The percentage of our mailserver shows 56.16% accepted, 43.84
rejected. Of these accepted mails our spam filter shows 20% spam
(average). Accordingly the server does not waste recognizable power on
the mail system.

Maybe with such a setup as yours and such results I may think about
changing something, I'd not accept such a situation.

Anyhow, this is going too far away from the real issue of this thread
and besides it is not really taking us somewhere at all.

--
wobo