[Mageia-dev] Alpha2 iso content

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:38:30 CET 2011

Op vrijdag 04 maart 2011 19:30:20 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/3/4 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:
> > it looks like a big iso again; could it be possible to also have a more
> > minimal iso? or is that hard/alot of work?
> >
> > in fact, most of the packages we could get later from the mirrors...
>
> Well, my favourite solution would be 2 ISOs anyway:
>  - a large ISO
>  - a minimal boot ISO for installation via ftp (especially for the
> alpha/beta versions).

well, i was more thinking of the middle ground. something small (around
500MB), so that we all can get it fast and test earlier, etc... even the
people with not such a good line as us.

if you have the boot.iso, you still have to have your own mirror (which takes
a lot of bandwidth too).

something that has just kde and gnome and not alot of apps, since those are
available on the mirrors anyway.