[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or?not? or maybe?

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Mar 4 19:52:27 CET 2011

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

> Op donderdag 03 maart 2011 22:58:16 schreef nicolas vigier:

> > > it depends, the nickname could still be kept; and we were talking about
> > > having multiple maintainers in the future?
> >
> > Except that changelog is not for listing maintainers, but the persons who
> > did some changes.
>
> re-trying to answer more or less coherent:
>
> having "cn" attribute for changelog would be best, imho, but it could be
> coupled with the mageia email of the packages(packagegroup). (if that is
> wanted, or even a package email could be made if the person in question
> wouldn't want to have their own email address on it).

Using a packagegroup email in changelog doesn't make sense at all,
changelog is supposed to list the people who made changes, not the
maintainer of the package. The complaint against using packager email
in changelog was that "it encourages users to contact packagers directly
via private email rather than going through the proper support channels".
And using a packagegroup email redirected to maintainer doesn't solve
that.

So you're proposing a solution that doesn't fix the problem.

Actually I don't remember receiving any email from users who found my
email in a rpm changelog. And if that happens, answering with the URL of
bugzilla does not take so much time. So I don't think that's a problem.