[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Mar 5 03:32:43 CET 2011

Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :

> 2011/3/4 Tux99<tux99-mga at uridium.org>:
>>
>> Quote: Wolfgang Bornath wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 13:36
>>
>>> Why? Don't you know how to use filters in your mail client? I guess you
>>> do know.
>>> I have an inbox for each mailing list, my mail client (actually google
>>> mail) stores each mail from all those lists in its own box.
>>
>> It has got nothing to do with inbox sorting, it's to be able to easily
>> change and block off one email address when it ends up on some spam list,
>> without affecting anything else.
>
> My experience of the last 3 years shows that the spam I get is very low.
> Spam escaping Google's spam filter is around 3-4 per week.
> Spam in Google's spam folder is between 15-25 per day, but that does
> not bother me anyway.
>
> Also I would not change mail addresses just because of spam. For
> excessive spam I'd rather use other means like a good spam filter
> and/or a tar pit or whatever. I'm not used to let spammers rule my
> mail system.

Personally I consider 25 spams/day too high, and last year I changed one
account (and not an alternate identity of an account) when I started
getting about 50 spams/day.  Since I use separate accounts for different
purposes, the changes of adresse I had to do were manageable.
Now I'm back to the usual not more than 1 or 2 spams/day per account.
That's my way of not letting spammers rule my system.
Of course, it all depends on personal preferences and circumstances.

--
André