[Mageia-dev] Alpha2 iso content

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:58:52 CET 2011

On 9 March 2011 01:52, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:

> Quote: Michael Scherer wrote on Tue, 08 March 2011 22:28
>
>> totem use gstreamer.
>
> Oh really? since when? I remember to have used it with xine backend.

Since 31 months and 3 weeks: c.f.
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/totem/current/SPECS/totem.spec?view=log

> Well, like I said I use xine-ui (primarily for DVDs), totem would have been
> my second choice but probably not anymore with gstreamer.
>
> BTW, is anybody planning to import the xine-ui rpm or should I do it?
>
> It would be great to have xine-ui on Alpha 2, if it's not too late.

Sure import it if you/others use it, but it shouldn't be by the
default on the iso, IMHO, given how ancient it looks (no matter how
capable it is), it won't be the first choice for new users :)

--
Ahmad Samir