[Mageia-dev] Alpha2 iso content

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Mar 9 01:22:49 CET 2011

Le mercredi 09 mars 2011 à 00:52 +0100, Tux99 a écrit :

> Quote: Michael Scherer wrote on Tue, 08 March 2011 22:28
>
> > totem use gstreamer.
>
> Oh really? since when?
That's easy, just use a search engine or take a peek at the file "NEWS"
in totem package :
So gstreamer inclusion since version 0.97 :
==============================
0.97.0:
* Experimental GStreamer backend (pass --enable-gstreamer to configure)
==============================

I do not know when was released 0.97.0, but 0.99 date back to 2004
( again by using rpm -q --changelog )

Xine backend was dropped for 2.27 :

=============================
2.27.1 (since 2.26.2):

Major changes:
* Port GStreamer backend to playbin2
* Remove xine-lib backend
So since 04/2009, according to gnome web site.

> I remember to have used it with xine backend.
>
> Well, like I said I use xine-ui (primarily for DVDs), totem would have been
> my second choice but probably not anymore with gstreamer.

Given the fact that the change was 2 years ago and that you didn't
notice, I guess that totem is good enough to be used.

--
Michael Scherer