[Mageia-dev] Yet another list of missing packages

xi ctrl.alt.sup at free.fr
Thu Mar 10 16:44:13 CET 2011

Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 11:00 +0100, Anne nicolas a écrit :
>> Hi there
>>
>> I've tried to formalize a list of missing packages:
>> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=missing_packages
>>
>> These are packages included in rpmsrate file but not available in
>> Mageia. So basically they should be included in isos depending on
>> weight. Please follow pattern if you want to contribute it will help
>> also to clean rpmsrate.
>>
>> These packages are not mandatory but please do not forget to add
>> reason if there are not to be imported.
>
> I think we should do some cleaning.
> - zcip is dead upstream ( but I imported before seeing this )
> - rpm-rebuilder is IMHO not used much
> - zaptel-* are deprecated, that's now called dadhi
> - rio500, does people still have this hardware ?
> - sndconfig, same question ( afaik, it serve to configure isa sound
> cards )
>
> There is also a lot of hardware related software, can people check if
> this is still used ?

Hi,

Sorry to disturb your discussion. Just a few word about me : I am
following this list since the beginning and I am a "from the outset"
mandrake / mandriva user.

The reason for my e-mail: I am still using sndconfig on PIII machines in
ordre to configure the sound, so please don't remove it.

The more global goal of my messages is : please don't remove packages
that you think "useless" too fast. The availability of these "small
details" (as sndconfig) are the thinks that makes me feeling happy or
angry about a distribution ;-)

Thanks for having read me and please don't drop all these uncommon
packages! (I have also seen xine-ui in the list).

Xavier