[Mageia-dev] default kde media player

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Fri Mar 11 23:25:27 CET 2011

Le vendredi 11 mars 2011 00:41:42, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> IMHO, we should stick with dragon, it's a "simple" player usable for
> average users; also there's a good chance upstream will switch to
> phonon-vlc (or Mageia may switch to phonon-vlc when it stabilises
> more), so the best of both worlds :)

A user does not want a player X or Y, we need only a player which works in
any case without any trouble.

The file association can call a different player if is it needed for a special
file type.
For example, VLC is better than dragon to play an iso image of a DVD.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/