[Mageia-dev] RFT: x11-server 1.10

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:50:23 CET 2011

On 9 March 2011 16:28, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:
> fglrx is still MIA with X server 1.10, AFAIK (I last checked 1-2 days
> ago), there's a bug report about a user who updated from core/testing
> and ended with a non-working X.

Updated status:
=============
All major video drivers (but fglrx[0]) seems to works fine:
- vesa,
- ATI/AMD,
- Intel,
- Nvidia (nv/nouveau/nvidia)
- fb[1]

Less important drivers that works: virtualbox
Minor video drivers that works: sis
Most major input drivers seems to works fine: evdev,synaptics, wacom.

We need testing for:
- video: vmware.
- input: joystick[2],

I can resurect an old PCI 12+ years old matrox card in order to test mga
but I don't think it's still relevant.

[0] fglrx support will land after ati officialize its support for ubuntu
[1] used by the installer
[1] not sure we'd testers back at mdv anyway.

I'll resurrect a sis box tomorrow.