[Mageia-dev] Packaging errors to fix

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Mar 15 15:47:49 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 15:17 +0100, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
> On 15 March 2011 14:38, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> > First, the various /dev/null related problem. I am not sure if we should
> > assume that /dev/null exist and is working. If we do, maybe we could
> > make sure it is created, for example as part as filesystem %post ?
>
> For this, I would say it's usual Jbj bullshit because it didn't try to
> search prior art in mdv world:

Well, he didn't say anything, I just looked at the log and tried to find
some tasks. So indeed, I didn't search prior art.

> 1) /dev/null is created by makedev which is required by basesystem-minimal.
> 2) anyway, urpmi creates /dev/null if it doesn't exists anyway.
> 3) urpmi is used by drakx-installer too.
>
> Every case should be thus covered.
> However he did saw this error.

That's likely a ordering issue, related to the loops.

makedev is installed in the end, after python.

One package that requires /dev/null is perl-XML-SAX.

$ urpmq -d perl-XML-SAX
bash
dash-static
glibc
lib64termcap2
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport
perl-XML-SAX
perl-base

No requires on makedev nor basesystem-minimal.
So now, what requires perl-XML-SAX before basesystem-minimal is to
discuss.

Also, the usage of /dev/null in a %post is a ope question. Do we want to
hide some verbose stuff, or should error be show to user ?

> Since we haven't seen this error before, I would like to look how it
> performed what he did.

I assume that's a simple basesystem installation. How exactly, that's
indeed a good question.

--
Michael Scherer