[Mageia-dev] Packaging errors to fix

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Mar 15 19:06:28 CET 2011

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 18:34 +0200, Anssi Hannula a écrit :
> On 15.03.2011 15:38, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > 3rd : dbus. There is a vicious loop between dbus and its own library,
>
> So? Both of the requires are correct from what I know, and dependency
> loops are not forbidden.
>
> I can imagine there are also some more clear cases of such loops, like
> library A depending on B, B on C, and C again on A, which I personally
> don't believe are in the need of "solving".

We did have some troubles with loops at building time when we
bootstrapped the distribution, and we clearly wanted to remove them as
much as possible.

A loop at runtime is potentially the sign of a loop at build time too.
So we should try to avoid them IMHO.

In the case of dbus, yes, the requires are correct, but the ordering
seems wrong during the test. So either there is a bug in what ever jbj
is running, or we do use Requires(post) in a wrong way, or that's a
change somewhere. In any case, there is still the others problem to look
at :)

--
Michael Scherer