[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release xulrunner-2.0-0.rc1.8.mga1

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:11:49 CET 2011

On 19 March 2011 19:12, Mageia Team <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> wrote:
> Name        : xulrunner                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 2.0                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 0.rc1.8.mga1                  Build Date: Sat Mar 19 17:55:31 2011
> Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: ecosse
> Group       : Development/Other             Source RPM: (none)
> Size        : 66216546                         License: MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+
> Signature   : (none)
> Packager    : Mageia Team <http://www.mageia.org>
> URL         : http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner
> Summary     : XUL Runtime for Gecko Applications
> Description :
> XULRunner is a Mozilla runtime package that can be used to
> bootstrap XUL+XPCOM applications that are as rich as Firefox
> and Thunderbird. It will provide mechanisms for installing,
> upgrading, and uninstalling these applications. XULRunner will
> also provide libxul, a solution which allows the embedding of
> Mozilla technologies in other projects and products.
>
> dmorgan <dmorgan> 2.0-0.rc1.8.mga1:
> + Revision: 74494
> - Clean spec file
> - Add patch to enable kde integration ( from Suse )

I'll never understand why would one want a KDE file picker forced down
the throat of a GTK+ app...

By the same logic, should KDE apps running under GNOME use the GTK file chooser?

IMHO, the kde-integration patches should be pushed upstream, and only
applied after upstream has reviewed and accepted them... for the same
reasons why the BFS scheduler is in kernel-tmb and not the in
kernel-desktop.

I know I've said the same thing before and I know nothing will
probably change with regards to those patches, but hey at least I
tried... :)

(I've had to 'rpm -e --nodeps kmozillahelper every time it gets
updated, I guess I'll have to just go on using the upstream binary
tarball, but that's a personal matter and slightly off topic...).

--
Ahmad Samir