[Mageia-dev] buildsystem => maintainers db link test
rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:39:25 CET 2011
maintdb is making some progress and we could test it already with the
buildsystem to push it some data.
Here is how it works so far:
* a package P gets submitted by ennael;
* buildsystem builds it;
* buildsystem POSTs (P, ennael) to maintdb;
* maintdb keeps a record of that;
* as a default, ennael (first person to push the package) is the
official maintainer of the package; later people pushing the same
package would be co-maintainer;
* we will implement in maintdb a method to manually change that
(assigning maintainance to someone specific);
* we can envision maintdb to keep stats of submissions as well.
Maintdb dev instance is here: http://www.maintdb2.mageia.org.uk/
(see current spec on
Misc righly pointed out that:
* someone triggering a massive rebuild may not want to be seen as a
maintainer of packages uploaded by this; several possible solutions:
- first uploader is set as the maintainer by default;
- this will be manually editable from the maintdb app anyway;
- would a specific flag be raised in the buildsystem (or a package)
when such a massive rebuild is triggered?
- instead of strict associations, we can associate maintainership
by frequency of uploads/activity on a given package (unless massive
rebuilds are triggered more often by a single packager than "regular"
package uploads by the actual maintainer)
* submissions stats publishing may require your validation (and
actually, for that specifically and future topics, we'll need to see
how we can publish contributors activity stats through our platform -
as a de-facto feature or as a preference, per contributor).
Anyway, in all that, we need your input.
More information about the Mageia-dev