[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Mar 23 19:22:08 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Robert Xu wrote:

> And I hate to double post, but I do know that the %configure_kde3
> macro should point to /opt/kde3... :)

So that means that all KDE applications will be twice on the repository,
one for KDE4, and one for TDE ? I think that can be confusing for users.

Packaging and maintaining this is probably a huge task, and can maybe
cause problems to KDE users if only done half, or incorrectly. I think
it would be better to start with an external repository. And only import
on the main repository once everything is working and we have someone
who plans to maintain it.