[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 24 08:53:33 CET 2011

Am Donnerstag 24 März 2011, 08:23:18 schrieb Tux99:
> I think this thread is starting to derail from a simple technical question
> limted to a specific issue (reenabling qt-dev) to an ideological argument
> based greatly on fear and paranoia.
It is? I don't think so. Unless you think considerations about conflicts of TDE
with KDE4 are an "ideological argument based greatly on fear and paranoia".

I do go along with the majority of people writing in this thread. We should
not have a DE conflicting with KDE4, we should not have packages or apps by the
same name.

> The core packages are quite limited in number (6-7 SRPMS), but already
> enable the use of TDE as desktop.
As long as those packages (and all the others, that follow) are following the
packaging guidlines, are not conflicting with KDE4 apps and are named in a way
that users see, these are TDE packages, it's ok with me!

Oliver