[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:41:14 CET 2011

Op donderdag 24 maart 2011 22:09:50 schreef Dexter Morgan:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Maarten Vanraes
>
> <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Op donderdag 24 maart 2011 20:55:47 schreef Ahmad Samir:

> >> How could a packager propose to maintain qt3 when it's been dead
> >> upstream for years? so no upstream support/patches/whatever...
> >
> > yes, it would be a huge amount of work; and that's exactly the reason i
> > proposed to OP to just wait until it's qt4.
>
> this will just remove the qt3 issue bug all the other issues will
> still be valid.

i'm hoping that by that time, that some apps will be the KDE4 apps or really
their own apps.

And in any case, it's a lot less work.

The way i see it, it's seems there's:
A) alot of work to maintain this
B) quite some potential issues
C) seemingly not alot of benefits

B is the main point here, if they are dedicated to it, and can give good
points on B. then sure, why not. IF they can also handle A.

but don't get me wrong, there is not much chance of me actually using TDE.