[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 25 09:22:00 CET 2011

Quote: Dexter Morgan wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 09:15

> > Is there any compelling reason why we cannot reenable qt3-devel in
> > the qt3
> > source package that is ALREADY part of Mageia?
> >
> > If not then I want to reenable it.
>
> Work on TDE on your side first, we won't reenable this old,
> deprecated, unmaintened package is nothing really need it.
> Reenable it locally for you, do all your work on TDE and then when you
> will have fullfilled and pre required  we will be able to start to
> discuss about TDE.

Dexter, you didn't really answer my question, I will work on TDE by myself
but my question is about if there is any COMPELLING REASON NOT TO REENABLE
QT3-devel.

QT3 is ALREADY included in Mageia so reenabling the devel package does not
make any difference whatsoever to Mageia.

I didn't start this thread to discuss about TDE, but purely for qt3-devel.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/