[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Mar 25 14:51:27 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Tux99 at 25/03/11 13:42 did gyre and gimble:

> Quote: Colin Guthrie wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 14:36
>
>> It was Donald Knuth who said "Premature optimization is the root of
>> all
>> evil", and the same can be said of "Speculative Packaging" IMO!
>
> Actually you just made my point here, excluding qt3-devel out of 'neatness'
> is quite clearly premature optimization, therefore "the root of all evil"
> as you wisely quote... :)

"optimization" and "concious decision" are two very different things,
but feel free to distort it to make yourself feel better if you like!

And I'm not going to get into a debate about semantics here. Such
debates are for late nights and a few good whiskies... :p

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie