[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release mageia-theme-1.5.0.5-1.mga1

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Mar 31 13:03:52 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thorsten van Lil at 31/03/11 11:48 did gyre and gimble:
> Am 31.03.2011 12:36, schrieb Donald Stewart:
>> Which background images were updated?
>>
>> Donald.
>>

> This should be the new plymouth theme and the modified images for
> gfxboot and plymouth (both without the alpha label).
>
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/theme/mageia-gfxboot-theme/trunk/data-install/back.jpg?
>
> and
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/theme/mageia-theme/trunk/Mageia-Default/plymouth/background.png
>

> I asked Dexter to push them, to be sure no alpha label will be released
> within the beta1 isos.

I wonder if I'm the only one who just wants to see a very dark blue
background with the pot in the middle of the screen in an etched out
style (e.g. reverse drop shadow) with the bubbles animated above it as
it boots.

I am crap at design (and really don't want to get involved!) but I
really like the idea of a super-minimal and "cool" boot graphic.

That said, with my SSD and systemd it is only shown for about 3 seconds
so hardly worth it :D

Col

--

Colin Guthrie