[Mageia-dev] Upgrade test + missing rpms

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Wed Apr 6 19:51:25 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 08:46:28PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so as mentioned last wenesday ( but I seems to have forgot to send a
> email on the list ), people who asked for a mandriva vm to test upgrade
> can get them from d-c :
> http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/people/misc/
>
> There 6 of them : 2 archs * 3 desktop.
>
> The format is raw, so most virtualisation softwares will be able to use
> them.
>
> The root password is mageia, so does the login and password of the only
> user on it.
>
> Now, while I was on it, I also redid my upgrade test of server virtual
> machines :
>
> 1) it seems libcryptsetup.so.1 is in 2 rpms, and that's likely a bug.
>
> 2) tmpwatch show a huge readme ( as does apache, but I fixed apache ).
>
> 3) rails, ruby-activesupport, ruby-actionwebservice, for puppet
ruby-rails is already in and provides rails
ruby-activesupport is also in

ruby-actionwebservice is not, but judging at the version on rubygems.org
it’s pretty old.

There are some forks though, which are not uptodate either, like
http://rubygems.org/gems/fdv-actionwebservice

I’m not sure about what to do for this one, and I don’t know why puppet
requires it. You and other sysadmin surely have a better knowledge of
puppet, any pointer would be appreciated.

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD