[Mageia-dev] beta installation, codename: WTH is going on here???
maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:06:54 CEST 2011
Ok, i installed from the x86_64 beta1 DVD on my vbox3 installation. a VM with
4 cores and 4GB ram:
- i notice right away that the installer has nice graphics.
- the KDE+Gnome choice is still not so good graphics
- I start installing and suddenly it hangs, i tried to go to terminal, but
- I restart installation, and choose updates yes, in the end, and it hangs
again, at the almost end of updates. I can't get into terminal as well.
- I shut down, remove DVD, and boot up, and then i see a KDM login screen.
- I'm kind of freaked by this, since i have a vbox3 and it was supposed to
- i log in, and indeed, vboxvideo is running and working, i tested the copy-
paste feature, which didn't work then, and works now... ==> WTH is going on???
- I have doubts with the weird unstability issue during install (maybe it's
vbox or multicore related)
- but the vboxvideo is working??? a nice plus
More information about the Mageia-dev