[Mageia-dev] gvfs

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:36:59 CEST 2011

> On 9 April 2011 21:59, David W. Hodgins <davidwhodgins at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 00:11:45 -0400, Ahmad Samir
>> <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The packages are definitely there e.g.:
>>>
>>> ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/gvfs-1.6.7-1.mga1.i586.rpm
>>
>> I finally figured out what the problem was.
>> I had to disable CD-ROM core media, as it has 1.7.2-2 on it.
>>
>> Regards, Dave Hodgins
>>

> Right-o. I missed that possibility...
>
> --
> Ahmad Samir

Is there a possibility to have this done automagically?

I was thinking on having gnome or gtk specifically request gvfs older than
1.7 ?

what would happen if such a requirement was put into place? would it be
downgraded? or would gnome be wanting to be removed?

is it a possibility to having this 1.6 version obsolete the specific
1.7.2-2 ? as a temporary measure?

or is this something that will not be present for users who didn't test
any alpha, beta, or whatever?

is mdv 2010.1 using 1.7 ?