[Mageia-dev] Tainted Software - once more

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Apr 14 13:28:18 CEST 2011

Quote: Oliver Burger wrote on Mon, 28 March 2011 10:17

> What about packages, we need twice, once in core, once in
> tainted (media player come to mind)?
> Will the buildsystem be able to create both out of one single
> src.rpm? If not, how else to do it?

Does anyone know what the status of the buildsystem with regards to
building dual core/tainted packages from a single source rpm is?

Is it now possible to build mplayer, gstreamer, vlc, xine with support for
'tainted' codecs?

Is this planned for Mageia1 or are 'tainted' codecs (for example h.264) not
considered important for Mageia1?

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/