[Mageia-dev] Seamonkey package

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 16 16:05:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Tux99 wrote:

> I just downloaded the latest Seamonkey 2.0.12 SRPM from Mandriva cooker and
> rebuilt it on my Mageia VM and it built flawlessly, I only had to remove
> all the obsolete "%if %mdkversion" sections, but all dependecies are
> available in Mageia.
> So technically importing Seamonkey into Mageia seems straightforward, the
> only issue is licensing (as for Firefox).
>
> Christiaan I'm a newbie packager here at Mageia so personally I'd much
> prefer if you maintain this package for Mageia, it looks far too complex
> for me. :)

I uploaded "iceape 2.0.12" a few days ago, changing the name and
icons/logo took me almost a month. Unfortunately there are still some bugs
in this area:  the release notes menu item for example currently still
points to seamonkey. It should probably point to a mageia wiki page.

Since I don't like the icon that is used for debian's iceape, I created a
new icon based on the logo. It looks like it can still be improved,
however, and the throbber is currently static. So it would be great if
someone could re-do the icon (without creating a completely new design),
and animate it for the throbber (he SVG files are in iceape-branding.tar
in the source rpm and svn)...

     Christiaan