[Mageia-dev] Maintainers policy

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Apr 19 20:35:24 CEST 2011

Le mardi 19 avril 2011 à 20:00 +0200, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Anne nicolas wrote:
>

> > - shall we have ACL's on svn, submits?
>
> I think we should avoid using ACLs on all packages, on commits and submit,
> as I think it is too constraining. Except maybe for sensitive packages.

+1
and even, something like a simple 2 level system would be enough, as
tracking who can do what would IMHO more limit people than prevent bugs.

> What could be useful however, is to have an email sent to the maintainer
> on commit or submit on his packages by someone who is not the
> maintainer. So that maintainers are aware of all changes done on their
> packages.

in fact, something more generic, ie a whole notification system would be
mhh more generic. Then we could build on it some rules :
"packagers have mail about commit on their packages, on those of their
apprentices, etc"

--
Michael Scherer