[Mageia-dev] Freeze push request: ipython-0.10.2
ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 03:39:14 CEST 2011
Please submit ipython-0.10.2, this mostly a bug fix release:
- Fixes upstream bug #185: "a major regression we had
in 0.10.1 where pylab mode with GTK (or gthread) was not working correctly,
hence plots were blocking with GTK. Since this is the default matplotlib
backend on Unix systems, this was a major annoyance for many users. Many
thanks to Paul Ivanov for helping resolve this issue."
- Work robustly if $HOME is missing from environment.
- Better POSIX support in ssh scripts (remove bash-specific idioms).
- Improved support for non-ascii characters in log files.
- Work correctly in environments where GTK can be imported but not started
(such as a linux text console without X11).
More over, ipython-0.10.2 is in 2010.1 backports.
More information about the Mageia-dev