[Mageia-dev] Some changes on svn

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Apr 21 23:50:21 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 21 avril 2011 à 22:49 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have done some change regarding svn access, and while I am carefully
> testing to not break it, if someone has a problem, please report it
> ( with your login, telling if you can connect or not ).
>
> The goal is to simplify the way we manage everything, so translators can
> later be able to commit their work.

So it seems to work fine.

But now, this lead me to another question :
- how do we manage commit access to the repository soft/

For now, only packagers can access it, mainly because that's the only
group we had at that time. But in fact, I see no reason to use this
group more than another.

We have a few choice :
- let anybody commit , all people in shell_access group could do it.
Right now, that mean sysadmins, web developer, forum developers,
translators, packagers and apprentices.

- create a group for developers, and let them have access on the svn,
and add i18n committers on a subset.

I was about to do the 2nd stuff, but looking for documentation, the svn
book convinced me to do the first one (
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html ).

But this solution kinda negate the goal and the existence of "developer
team". On the other hand, the team do not exist right now.

What do people think of it ?
--
Michael Scherer