[Mageia-dev] Thunderbird disk storage way up

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:30:57 CEST 2011

On 22 April 2011 18:17, Frank Griffin <ftg at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> On 04/22/2011 12:07 PM, Ahmad Samir wrote:
>>
>> If it doesn't impact performance badly, 118MB on a 1TB HDD is
>> nothing... should be left as upstream default, enabled.
>>
> Well, I wasn't concerned with the disk space per se, but with the fact that
> a file as large as my entire mailstore is modified every day, forcing
> inclusion in incremental backups.

(So, disable it :)).

How many users back up their systems daily? how many users back up
their systems and do (which is, tbh, what I usually do) look at the
logs of what's getting backed up to see an increase/decrease in the
backup size?

FWIW, I am not particularly with or against leaving it enabled, except
the idea of "sticking with upstream defaults if it doesn't cause
serious issues", especially as it's a runtime pref that the users can
flip at any time.

--
Ahmad Samir