[Mageia-dev] Seamonkey package

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Apr 24 22:13:11 CEST 2011

Philippe DIDIER a écrit :

> To Christiaan Welvaart
>
> You uploaded iceape 2.0.12...
> and it obsoleted seamonkey 2.0.13 that ennael had uploaded 2 days
> before...
>
> to be more precise :
> iceape 2.0.12 replaces seamonkey 2.0.13
> iceape-irc replaces seamonkey-irc
> iceape-dom replaces seamonkey-dom
> iceape-mail replaces seamonkey-mail
> iceape-js-debugger replaces seamonkey-js-debugger
> iceape-spellchecker replaces seamonkey-spellchecker
>
> but
> seamonkey-enigmail and seamonkey-enigmime are still present !
> Maybe this will create some problems ?
>
> Anyway, the source that Ennael used was more recent, and it is a little
> desappointing to get an obsolete version of the source with Iceape (does
> it need to be rebuilt with the last source ?)
>
> Nevertheless, I was surprised with the fact that Iceape comes 2 days after
> Ennael had pushed Seamonkey and that this makes her work vanish...
> (trademark and licence problems were discussed a month ago but I didn't
> understand a clear status was decided )
>

> Seems it needs to be clarified.
>
> Sorry to disturb if it's already clear for everyone...
> Philippe

Firefox and Thunderbird can be installed at the same time as
Seamonkey without problem.
As well, multiple versions of Seamonkey can be installed (but probably
not run) at the same time, as long as they go into different directories
(which I do on my system)

So I think that Iceape should NOT obsolete Seamonkey.

(Of course this also means that it should be ensured that there are no
conflicts -- but that should be the case, as Seamonkey files are stored
in the installation directory + ~/mozilla/seamonkey/. )

--
André