[Mageia-dev] Freeze push request: geoip-1.4.7

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Apr 27 09:35:39 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 27 avril 2011 à 04:25 +0200, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> Please submit geoip-1.4.7, it brings a plethora of fixes.
>
> - This is the first new version since 2009-02-25
> - This updates the binaries in SOURCE 1,3,4 , we were shipping really old ones.

Well, it is a library and it also bring change besides bugfixes.
( like API addition :
    * Add GeoIP_lib_version and GeoIP_cleanup ( Ladar Levison )
    * Remove buffered IO functions, to fix issues with dup'ed file
            descriptors ( Boris Zentner )
    * Add some IPv4 helper functions
    * Rename _iso_8859_1__utf8 to _GeoIP_iso_8859_1__utf8 ( Boris
Zentner )
    * Add more IPv6 functions ( Boris Zentner )

and various changes that may be not purely internal :
    * Remove AN and FX. Add SX, BQ and CW ( Boris Zentner )

Did you tested it with another software using geoip that nothing
requires rebuild ?

--
Michael Scherer