[Mageia-dev] Please ensure that packages have higher version than in mandriva 2010.2

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Sun May 1 00:27:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

magnus said on Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:55:04PM +0200:
> .Mondo: The version number in Mandriva is a little bit confusing.
> 2.29.3 belongs to 2.2.9.3 in the origin mondo repository.
> There is version 2.2.9.6 actually (2011-04-13).
> So the Mageia version 2.2.9.5 is near by

Well, I thought that having a new distro was also the opportunity to
remove the mistakes made in the past.

So as the upstream of mondo, I'd really like to see packages in Mageia
using the upstream versions, and not stick to the legacy of Mandriva
here.

Of course, for people updating that may create a problem, but not that
difficult to solve and could be documented on a wiki page as known and
justified incompatibilities.

If we don't do it now, it will never be done :-(
Bruno.
--
Open Source & Linux Profession Lead EMEA           / http://opensource.hp.com
HP/Intel/Red Hat Open Source Solutions Initiative  / http://www.hpintelco.net