[Mageia-dev] kernel problem with wifi rfkill?

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Mon May 9 18:58:49 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 21/04/11 11:07 did gyre and gimble:
> Colin Guthrie skrev 21.4.2011 12:56:
>> Hiya,
>>
>> Since the last little while (I think since kernel 2.6.38) the rfkill
>> switch on my laptop doesn't work too well.
>>
> [...]
>
>> So I'm a little stumped.
>>
>> Anyone else get this problem?
>>

> Weird...
>
>> iwlagn          : Intel Corporation|PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron]
>> Network Connection [NETWORK_OTHER] (vendor:8086 device:4229 subv:8086
>> subd:1101) (rev: 61)
>>

> I have this same, I'll test tonight/tomorrow...
>

>> I found this which seems like a likely candidate for a fix...
>> http://ns.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg64176.html
>>
>> but it's from February... is it really not in the .38.x kernel yet??
>
> That patch got merged in 2.6.38-rc1, so it is there.

It seems (after a chat with upstream) that this patch may be the culprit:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.38.y.git;a=commit;h=a3d77411e8b2ad661958c1fbee65beb476ec6d70

It certainly sounds like it could be and may explain why you don't see
it (if you don't have this module).

I'll try blacklisting it to see if that helps....

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
mageia(at)colin.guthr.ie