[Mageia-dev] why not disable bytecode interpreter in freetype2 ?

Dimitrios Glentadakis dglent at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:20:39 CEST 2011

2011/5/12 Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>

> On Thu, 12 May 2011 01:56:25 +0100
> Zé <mmodem00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seams your confused, plf freetype it simply put fonts worst,,
>
> Please don't mistake your opinions for facts.
> As a user, I have always installed the PLF freetype (and I am still
> enjoying it on the very machine I am typing this message on) because the
> default Mandriva rendering was horrible to me. Not everyone shares the
> same opinions about font rendering.
>
> Back to lurking
>
> Antoine.

Before the 2009.1 , i used plf rpm but i did nt have any problem:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36173

The plf package, i dont understand why since the 2009.1, breaks my system
fonts in a very significant way. I have Greek localization. My wife, with
the same version of Mandriva in her laptop but with French localization did
nt have any complain.

So the aspect of the fonts has to depend to the localization, the fonts and
may be their size and the screen size.

When someone like me, has this problem of fonts, he cannot even use his
system, he has a real problem. It costed me many uninstalls and installs and
many hours of investigation.

For that i asked a user friendly solution, is very important for them who
are affected.

Personnaly, after all, i am able now to set my pc to fit my needs but i
continue to search a solution for other users who will be front of this
problem in the future

--
Dimitrios Glentadakis