[Mageia-dev] why not disable bytecode interpreter in freetype2 ?

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:39:55 CEST 2011

2011/5/12 Dick Gevers <dvgevers at xs4all.nl>:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 13:20:39 +0200, Dimitrios Glentadakis wrote about Re:
> [Mageia-dev] why not disable bytecode interpreter in freetype2 ?:
>
>>When someone like me, has this problem of fonts, he cannot even use his
>>system, he has a real problem. It costed me many uninstalls and installs
>>and many hours of investigation.
>>
>>For that i asked a user friendly solution, is very important for them who
>>are affected.
>>
>>Personnaly, after all, i am able now to set my pc to fit my needs but i
>>continue to search a solution for other users who will be front of this
>>problem in the future
>
> I can only make one suggestion - which works for me: keep the version one
> is happy with and put the packages in the urpmi skip.list and you won't get
> hurt by an upgrade.
>
> Cheers,
> =Dick Gevers=

You always rebuild the freetype2 package, to do soedit the .spec file,
in the section %prep add this:

perl -pi -e 's|#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER|/\*
#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER  \*/|'
include/freetype/config/ftoption.h

dont forget to also increase Release to avoid conflicts with existant
freetype2, and then build the package.

--
Zé