[Mageia-dev] Security Update Process

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed May 18 22:37:14 CEST 2011

Le lundi 16 mai 2011 à 18:08 +0200, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

> >> A iurt setup for mga1 will exist anyway, what is missing is a way to
> >> later upload to non public place.
> >> Initially, we can just setup youri to restrict submitting a build to
> >> updates_testing or updates to the secteam and it should be enough.
> >>

> > Ideally packagers should be able to submit to update_testing when they
> > want to push a fixed package to ask for testing. So restricting
> > submitting to updates sounds more logical?
>
> What's more that matches what we were doing back @mdv.
> The process was:
> - trusted packagers upload into main/testing,
> - all packager can upload into contrib/testing,
> - ticket (for main/*) is opened & assigned to qa
> - people || qa test
> - if tests succeed, ticket is assigned to secteam
> - secteam rebuild with its own sig & push the package

I would propose the following :
- packagers can upload to */updates_testing ( with some limitation and
specific check )
- ticket are opened for everything, assigned to QA
- people || qa test
- if tests are ok, package is moved to */updates

I see no need to rebuild again on a different system, as we do not have
the ressources.

--
Michael Scherer