[Mageia-dev] Small remarks regarding mga 1 RC update from mdv 2010.2

Daniel Le Berre le.berred at free.fr
Thu May 19 00:49:43 CEST 2011

Le 19/05/2011 00:12, Ahmad Samir a écrit :
> On 18 May 2011 23:44, Daniel Le Berre <le.berred at free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am currently updating a MDV 2010.2 with MGA 1 RC (32 bits).
>> So far, so good (the install will take more than one hour, on a PIV).
>>
>> I like pretty much the artwork. Very good job!
>>
>> I noted a few details that are not crucial but may help making mga better :)
>>
>> 1) When I launched the installation (using a DVD), I was a bit affraid
>> when I saw only Install in the boot menu, no update choice.
>>

> That's what it always said in Mandriva, even when users intended to
> upgrade to the new release included on the DVD.
>
> [....]

But this is no longer Mandriva, so there is no reason to stick with that :)

Regarding the end of the installation:

I was unable to launch X because my nvidia driver packages had not been
updated.

I uppdated those drivers with "urpmi nvidia" on the command line
(I played a bit with drakxconf before with no luck) and everything went
fine after rebooting the system.

Overall, the update went smoothly.

Daniel