[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: python-planet

Samuel Verschelde stormi at laposte.net
Wed May 25 18:42:45 CEST 2011

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 17:36:29, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 24/05/11 17:21 did gyre and gimble:
> > 'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 24/05/11 17:01 did gyre and gimble:

> >> Yes it can.
> >> It may have Provides on an already existing package
> >> It may have Obsoletes on an already existing package
> >> It may have provides file requested by another package
> >>
> >> That wouldn't be the first time....
> >
> > True. These don't apply to this package, but I understand the risks.
> >
> > Anyway, this is the last one from me until the updates are open :)
>
> Actually there was a cockup in here after all. I forgot to fix the
> categories after "liberating" the base SPEC from fedora.
>
> I've updated it to something sensible now so if the categories in
> drakrpm etc. are considered important enough, then this should be pushed
> through.
>
> Sorry! :$

I support this request because after the release it will be too late : we will
have category pollution in rpmdrake and mageia-app-db, which we will not be
able to fix with an update.

See
http://88.191.121.20/madb/mageia/index.php/group/list/distrelease/1/application/0/arch/1/source/0
where there's a lone Applications category caused by this package's wrong RPM
group. It would be great to be able to fix it before release, by pushing
Colin's package.

Best regards

Samuel