[Mageia-dev] Un-cleaned drak packages

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:58:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 13:08:33 -0400, Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now there're 3 packages that were imported without cleaning:
> drakstats
> drakwizard
> drakfax
> They should be reviewed before release, and either get cleaned (if
> needed) or removed from the repos until they're cleaned.

Isn't it a bit late to be removing packages?

How will this impact upgrading from 2010.2?

Since those packages are no longer available, will the existing
mandriva versions get removed, or will they be left to block upgrades,
as they have mandriva dependencies?

In my opinion, they should be left in, with an errata entry stating
that they still need cleaning.

Regards, Dave Hodgins