[Mageia-dev] [Mageia-discuss] [ANN] Mageia-release upload and urpmi breakage

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Mon May 30 18:42:54 CEST 2011

On Mon, 30 May 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as we have uploaded the new version of mageia-release, some of you may
> have seen that urpmi sources have been changed to use
> distrib/1/ instead of distrib/cauldron/ , especially if you didn't touch
> to the default configuration.
>
> Not all mirrors are in sync, and in fact, most are not proposing the
> stable release yet ( especially the main mirror ), as we are still
> working on it.
>
> So urpmi is likely broken for most testers that updated in the last
> hour.
>
> So if you are affected, you can either
> 1) wait until everything is working ( likely tomorrow )
>
> 2) drop all sources and add again the cauldron one by hand
> ( urpmi.addmedia --distrib + url )
>
> 3) change /etc/mageia-release by hand, replace "1" by "cauldron"

4) install the new mageia-release packages from cauldron :
   urpmi http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/mageia-release-common-2-0.1.mga2.i586.rpm http://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/Mageia/distrib/cauldron/i586/media/core/release/mageia-release-Default-2-0.1.mga2.i586.rpm

This is for people who want to stay on cauldron after the release.

For people who want to switch to the stable release, you need to stop
updating now, and wait for the release to be available on mirrors, to
add the release 1 sources.