[Mageia-dev] Providing 32-bit flash-player-plugin in x86_64 nonfree?

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sun Jun 5 21:45:38 CEST 2011

Marc Paré a écrit :

> Le 2011-06-05 03:59, Kira a écrit :
>> 在 Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:25:59 +0800, Marc Paré <marc at marcpare.com>寫道:
>>> I have just installed Mageia on a 64 bit and the 64bit Flash .rpm is
>>> quite painless from the Adobe site.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>
>> The major problem is that Adobe seems don't like we to distribute
>>
>> the 64-bit version.....
>>

> Sorry, I just rechecked my flash and it is the 32bit version. My fault.
> But the bottom line is that it works for now.
>
> As for the Adobe "Square" preview, I don't think the 64bit version will
> suffor for too long in preview release as most of the machines being
> sold today are 64bit. I don't think that Adobe will sit on the sucess of
> their 32bit product and ignore the 64bit version.
>
> For now the 32bit version works on Firefox 64bit and eventually the
> 64bit version will be released in .rpm for us to install. We just have
> be patient.
>
> Cheers
>
> Marc

Salut Marc

The plugin is installed in ~/mozilla/firefox/plugins/ (or one of the alternate locations provided
by the Firefox rpm), so you can just as easily install the plugin from a tar file.
The above location is the first searched by Firefox, so other locations will be ignored for flash,
if flash is found there.
The only problem with the preliminary version is that it is more likely to have bugs.
Personally I install a tar version of flash, as it stays in place across distro updates, even clean
installs.  (I keep /home intact.)

My 2 cents :)
--
André